The Introduction to using GeoServer to Publish GIS Data course is a hands-on course demonstrating how to use GeoServer to publish a variety of different GIS formats to GeoServer WFS and WMS web services. It is designed to provide GIS or Database Administrators with an additional skill set that will further enhance their ability to publish GIS data to the internet using GeoServer's web service capabilities.
On completion of this course users will be able to:
- Understand the GeoServer web administration interface.
- Publish a variety of different GIS data formats to WFS and WMS web services.
- View those web services in QGIS Desktop mapping application.
- Group published layers together into Layer Groups for easier access.
- Understand how to use the SLD style format with a WMS service.